Human body consists of 365 points and 12 major meridians. These points are channels that are connected to corresponding body organs. In Chinese, these points are responsible for several functions of human body and they also affect the energy flow and functioning of various organs, acupressure.
Acupressure is putting pressure with a finger on a certain body part, that helps in the treatment of various diseases. Self administered acupressure is great way to provide quick discrete relief from a variety of pain or touching sensitive areas where you are experiencing pain.
In Reflexology, there are areas on our hands and feet called reflexes that correspond to specific areas of our body and even organ systems within our bodies.
1. Cold and sore throat-Massage the thumb lightly. You can apply pressure on the fleshy part of your hand. Gently apply pressure by using your nails in between.
2. It can help cure migraines and frequent headaches-Press the area at the base of the fingernails. Concentrate on the index finger and the region between thumb and index finger.
3. Sinus pressure and pain-Press your forefinger like this in the picture. Hold and squeeze the tip for 1-3 minutes. After that massage gently. Repeat this with every finger.
4. Tension and pain in the neck-Massage gently in the middle part of your fingers. Start from top to bottom. Repeat this with every finger.
5. Fatigue-First massage the whole hand and then press the point on your middle finger, just below and on the side of the nail from where the forefinger is the closest.
6. Upset stomach-Press at the center of the palm. It will effectively reduce stomach problems and will respond to spleen meridians as well.