Makes about 20 truffles
1. 1/4 cup (60 ml) cream
2. 7 ounces (200 g) white chocolate, good quality, broken into chuncks
3. 1 tbsp (14g) butter
4. 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
5. 1/3 cup (30 g) coconut flakes
6. Orange or lemon zest, optional
7. 20 hazelnuts, toasted or not
8. 1/3 cup coconut flakes for rolling
1.Melt chocolate with cream over bain marie at low heat. Stir continuously until the chocolate is almost melted.
2.Add butter and continue stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and orange zest if using.
3.Stir in coconut flakes, let it cool, cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours until the mixture gets firm enough to roll it into balls.
4.Using a teaspoon roll the mixture into small balls adding a hazelnut inside. Roll each ball into coconut flakes. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.